Skip to main content

Rest In Peace Uncle Whaler

Today started as usual with a morning wake up from my sister. It's summer, so I have switched to craving ice water instead of coffee and cold fruit instead of warm breakfasts. She brought me my injection, and I opened my pillbox. She was full of energy, so as she was zipping around the house, I brushed my teeth and got dressed. My grandson had stayed the night with his dad, so I didn't have my morning snuggles or dinosaur videos. It was pretty quiet for a Monday morning. Janna and I got in the van and headed to the store. She ran in and got some beautiful flowers and a small motorcycle. I was extremely emotional; we talked all the way to Monterey. I cried, and she listened, and then she spoke, and I listened. I had been holding in so much emotion, and sometimes there are things that you can only share with your sister. We stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch, and it was so good. So many happy memories surrounded my life in Monterey and at the Dairy Queen.

I wanted to leave flowers at the gravesite before people arrived, but when we arrived, there were many people already at the church. I started to cry when I saw my great uncle's yellow trike sitting next to the church. We decided that since Janna had to get home to her kids that David would bring me back after his brain scans. My anxiety hit, so I knew if I went in that, I would get comfortable and start talking so Janna would be late. I love family, and most of the time, funerals are the only time I ever saw distant aunts, uncles, and cousins.

The funeral and burial we're at the church and cemetery that my great grandparents started many years ago. I am blessed to have so many beautiful, loving relatives from the McCloud And Stevens's family!

When we arrived at Janna's, I walked in the door first, and I was in a state of shock. No joke it looked like my nieces and nephew had a keg party while their mother was at work. I immediately set down and started giving out marching orders. They began to scramble like ants with hot fire on their tails. Aunt Tina has a way of putting the fear of God into kids without much effort. I learned that you do not have to yell or curse to get a child's attention. Simply walk in and say, "your mom is going to freak out." Mike left for work and Janna tended to my needs while the kids cleaned the house up. We finished eating our Dairy Queen and I played with the kittens. Tiny Tigger is getting so big that I can't wait to get my own place so I can have him all the time.

David came by to pick me up, and we headed back to Monterey. The rain was coming down, and roads were flooding, but we made it to the cemetery right as the men were closing up everything. Everyone had left, so we left the flowers and said our goodbyes. I hate that I didn't get to visit with anyone. Still, hopefully, this virus goes away so we can have another family reunion in the Fall.

Today David surprised me with a new orange yeti.  I love anything orange as it stands for MS awareness. It's the little things that make a friendship strong.

When we got home, I gave Alexandria another maternity massage with essential oils tonight. They seem to relax us both, and lord knows we need some peace in our lives. Our lives are going to be even more chaotic once the baby arrives, and Alexandria goes back to college.

The pop-up book I ordered, "The Little Prince," arrived in the mail today, so we finished the evening with popcorn and story time with Jackson. He wanted to take the book to bed with him, but he is still a little young to be left alone with such an expensive book. I want it to last for a few years *giggles*.

We had a gas leak scare earlier but all the good. Middle Tennessee Gas came out and checked for everything.

Well, I feel an MS crash landing coming on, so I am going to watch the Gilmore Girls and drift off to sleep.

Much Love


Tiny Tigger 

Me and my sister today


Most Popular

We have to stop meeting like this....

Tonight I talked to myself.  I said,” self, why do you feel the way you do?”  Then I said,” self, we have to stop meeting like this because it's one o'clock in the morning”!  I laughed because regardless of the predicament I find myself in, sometimes I don't understand why I do the things I do. Have you ever had a random thought and wondered, “why did I think about that?.  I try to ignore my random thoughts and feelings, but sometimes they just come out when I least expect it. Example 1 ~ When I forget to take my medication, I feel everything.  The depression, sadness, and pain flood in, and all I can do is cry myself to sleep. Example 2 ~ I was watching season three of Anne with an E tonight, and it hit me.  I was crying and feeling very sad.  I should be happy because it was a beautiful ending. However, my mind was thinking about how they loved each other in their youth and found each other again. Right now, in my life, love songs and anything sappy makes me cry.

Shefit $10 off Code

Beauty in the chaos

Early voting started Friday, so I went to town and voted in the States Primary.  It was a peaceful drive, and then Friday night, we watched the movie 2012. There are so many theories and conspiracies floating around online that the movie made me think about all of them. My thoughts quickly turn to religion and how none of us know when our lives will end. Humanity has gotten it wrong, so many times, and religious leaders continue to attempt to guess, but even the Bible says no one knows. One thing that I know for sure is the earth is a breathtaking place, and I continue to find small glimpses of its beauty amidst the chaos.  Just yesterday, we went to Fall Creek Falls State Park, and I took a dip in the cold water. Families and children were everywhere, laughing and playing.  You would never think that the USA is in an uproar. I saw no signs of social distancing or a pandemic.  I didn't see any mask.  Men were walking their dogs, and the beautiful smells of wood burning flo